Share This Post

DeliciousDiggGoogleStumbleuponRedditTechnoratiYahooBloggerMyspaceRSS

NASCAR schedule, weather outlook for Chicagoland Speedway

348930By AMANDA VINCENT

All three of NASCAR’s national series head to Chicagoland Speedway in Joliet, Ill., this weekend. The ARCA Racing Series actually kicked off the Chicagoland weekend of racing Thursday night, but the Camping World Truck Series is the first NASCAR national-level race of the weekend, running the TheHouse.com 225 Friday night.

The Xfinity Series will follow on Saturday afternoon with the running of the TheHouse.com 300, while the weekend will culminate in the running of the Nickelodeon Tales of the Turtles 400 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series race Sunday afternoon.

For the Truck and Xfinity series, Chicagoland races mark the final races of their regular seasons. Meanwhile, the Cup Series begins its 10-race postseason playoffs with Sunday’s race.

Friday night’s Truck Series race is scheduled for 150 laps, divided into two 35-lap stages and an 80-lap final stage. The 200-lap Xfinity race is slated for two 45-lap stages, followed by a 110-lap third stages. Meanwhile, the Cup Series race is scheduled for 267 laps, split into stages of 80, 80 and 107 laps.

The Truck Series had both its practice sessions Thursday. Below, is the remaining schedule on NASCAR on-track activity at Chicagoland Speedway (from NASCAR.com):

All times ET

FRIDAY
12:30-1:55 p.m. — Cup Series practice (NBCSN)
2-2:55 p.m. — Xfinity Series practice (NBCSN)
4-4:50 p.m. — Xfinity Series final practice
5:05 p.m. — Truck Series qualifying (FS1)
6:45 p.m. — Cup Series qualifying (NBCSN)
8:30 p.m. — Truck Series race (FS1)

SATURDAY
11:30 a.m.-12:20 p.m. Cup Series practice (CNBC)
12:35 p.m. — Xfinity Series qualifying (NBCSN)
2-2:50 p.m. — Cup Series final practice (NBCSN)
3:30 p.m. Xfinity Series race (NBCSN)

SUNDAY
3 p.m. — Cup Series race (NBCSN)

WEATHER (from Accuweather.com):

Throughout the early portions of the race weekend, the sky is expected to be clear, with chances of precipitation under 5 percent. On Sunday, race day for the Cup Series, though, there’s a 40 percent chance of thunderstorms during the daytime hours, increasing to 60 percent Sunday night.

Meanwhile daytime high temperatures in the mid-80s are expected daily, with overnight lows in the mid-60s each evening.

Follow Auto Racing Daily on Twitter @AutoRacingDaily or like Auto Racing Daily on Facebook (facebook.com/autorcngdaily). Amanda’s also on Twitter @NASCARexaminer and has a fan/like page on Facebook (facebook.com/nascarexaminer).

Share This Post

DeliciousDiggGoogleStumbleuponRedditTechnoratiYahooBloggerMyspaceRSS
Posted by on September 15, 2017. Filed under Breaking News,Featured,NASCAR. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

Leave a Reply